We are interested in manuscripts that are accessible to a wide range of progressive and radical political activists, while also being useful to an academic audience. We are not accepting fiction or poetry submissions at this time.
In order to get a sense of the kinds of works we usually publish, please browse our catalog at www.haymarketbooks.org.
If your project falls within the guidelines of the work we publish, please send a query letter including the following:
• a cover letter explaining your proposed topic and its relevance to our audience
• a 2-page outline and summary of the book, and 1 or 2 (maximum) sample chapters
• a brief annotated list of the existing literature on the topic and the political work your book would perform
• a timeline for completion of the manuscript
• any publishing credits or activist or academic experience in the field.
Given the overwhelming number of manuscripts we receive, we cannot reply to all or even most submissions. If we find that your project fits within our current editorial priorities, we will contact you within three months of your submission.
Please submit your proposal by email to [email protected]. Submissions sent by postal mail will not be acknowledged or returned.